If you’ve got it, growth is among the most important words in your vocabulary. The challenge is that we’re talking about your career. You don’t want to waste time, energy, and money going in the wrong direction. What you want is to continually broaden your knowledge base while you grow upward into positions of greater responsibility, greater opportunity, and greater compensation.
Beyond a Technology, Train for a Career
On February 24, 2020 Cisco introduces a completely overhauled new learning and certification program providing certifications that validate your critical job skills. Your learning path is now designed to certify your qualifications for a specific job rather than just specific technologies. Now you can also combine your infrastructure expertise with software development skills to enable your progress toward intent-based networking with DevNet certifications.
Here’s how you grow:
Starting point for individuals interested in starting a career as a networking professional.
Master the essentials needed to launch a rewarding career and expand your job possibilities with the latest technologies.
Select a core technology track and a focused concentration exam to customize your professional-level certification.
This certification is accepted worldwide as the most prestigious certification in the technology industry.
The highest level of accreditation achievable and recognizes the architectural expertise of network designers.
Those who currently hold Cisco certifications will most appreciate many of the improvements to the new program, including:
- Streamlined and updated certification paths
- Consolidated and updated associate level training and certification for networking engineers - one course, one exam covers the fundamental topics for all network technologies.
- Specialist certifications validate your skills in line with your job role and interests.
- Your choice of concentration exams at the professional level that allows you to tailor your certification to your preferences.
- CCIE achievement validates core knowledge on end-to-end practical skills through the entire network lifecycle of designing, deploying, operating and optimizing complex network scenarios.
- New DevNet certifications at the associate, specialist and professional levels, to validate your software development skills.
- The ability to start where you want - no prerequisites to start earning your associate, specialist, professional or expert level certification.
- Continuing education credits for recertification and ongoing development are available for CCNA, Cisco Certified Specialist, CCNP and CCIE.
- New Emeritus lifetime tenure for CCIE certifications maintained continuously for 20 years.
- Badging for completing training courses.
- No more continuing education administrative fee, as of February 24, 2020.
Add to this a new Cisco Customer Experience Certification and a selection of Specialist Certifications including Collaboration, Data Center, Internet of Things, Network Programmability, Operating System Software, Service Provider, Digital Transformation Specialists, Business Architecture, and Customer Success.
Now when you select a learning path, beyond the certification you’re selecting a career to pursue.
Your Life Plan
Cisco is offering lifetime tenure for those who have held the coveted CCIE certification for more than 20 years, which illustrates the most important point. Many technology professionals have built their entire career on their Cisco skills, and you can too.
By re-focusing their entire certification program on careers instead of technologies, Cisco recognizes the realities today’s technology professional faces. It’s important to carefully consider and select your career path, so its good to know you have terrific support and assistance available to you from your Career Counselor at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers. Contact them today.